Friday, August 28, 2015

CatChInG uP!

 Hey guys! Sorry its been forever! One year ago today I started this blog!! Awe! Happy one year anniversary! Anyway, I'm horrible! I haven't posted in months and I'm really sorry! I don't even know where to start! But I think EFY is a great place!
         This summer I went to an LDS camp called "Especially For Youth." or EFY. Efy is for ages 14 through 18. It's a great camp where you can meet people your age who believe the same principals as you, or are at least attempting to gain a stronger testimony. At EFY they had classes and Morningsides (a fireside in the morning) That talked about anything from school, to stories from the scriptures. They also had tons of games and fun dances.  I had so much fun at EFY and I made a lot of friends. I thought I would get homesick, but I kept myself busy and was surprised that I didn't really care if I went home or not! (LOVE YOU MOM AND DAD!!!!) I had a great experience at EFY, but I have to say, the last day I had an awesome testimony strengthening moment. So at EFY you are separated into groups. These groups are called company's. In my company, there was a few boys that were really quiet and shy, but they were all nice. During free time on the last day I was walking around with my new friend and we noticed one of the boys in our company sitting alone, writing in a book. My friend said that we should invite him to join us, since he was all alone. I agreed. Then we thought, well he is writing maybe we shouldn't bug him. We walked around a bit more, and ended up in the same spot, and he was still sitting alone. Okay we have to we agreed so we walked toward him but than we both chickened and said, you say hi, no you, and argued for a bit. Then she said, Hey! Wanna hang out with us? He looked up and smiled. I guess he said. He put his things away and joined us. We hung out the rest of free time. That night there was a dance. At the dance he thanked us individually with tears in his eyes. He said that for the whole week he had been praying that someone would want to be with him or want to be his friend. But, the whole week he had sat alone in his dorm room  the whole free time. And that day, he had gotten a prompting to go outside, and was just about to give up when we asked him to hang out with us.
                  It was a miraculous answer to a shy voices' prayer. Answered through prompting two girls to saying hi. What if he would've ignored the prompting to go outside? What if we wouldn't of said hi? What then? After such an amazing experience, my testimony was strengthened so much.
         School is beginning soon, and already has begun for many. This year, like last, I will be doing my classes online in the comfort of my home! I am excited to do another year at home but, it will be harder since my good friends really want me to attend the High school. I want to but at the same time, I don't. I want to because I want to see my friends and maybe I could be a good influence on some people because I have this amazing gospel in my life, but I don't want to because there is only one me and so many others, that what if I start to follow bad influences?  I want to be the best version of myself possible. Even if that means sacrificing Prom, and Football games.  I hope to go to lunch with my friends often so I can catch up on things I've missed out on and stuff. But I also hope that I can be a better disciple of Jesus Christ. Another reason is I attend gymnastics by 2:45 during the school year and some days the school doesn't get out until 3:15. So that would be a bummer, to miss out on.
        Well, I don't want to bore you guys, so I will try to stop my fingers from typing too much more, but I really hope everyone has a great school year. CHALLENGE: Walk into school with a smile and be confident! YOU are a beloved child of God and he does hear your prayers! I want to leave you with my testimony. I know you are a child of God, And I know he loves you. He loves everything about you and everything about the people around you. YOU are his creation. It hurts him when you belittle yourself and tell yourself lies that you are unattractive, and worthless. YOU ARE THE WORLD TO HIM. YOU ARE EVERYTHING TO HIM. AND THAT IS ENOUGH. you don't need to be the most popular one or skinniest one, or the best one,  you are good enough just the way you are. God made you, and God doesn't make mistakes. Don't deny your endless self worth. You are worth more then every single diamond or ruby on the earth combined. Jesus gave his life for you. Because you are important. Again, God made you, and God doesn't make mistakes.
                                                 -K

No comments:

Post a Comment