Monday, September 1, 2014

HAPPY LABOR DAY!!


  
   
  So to be completely honest, I'm kind of disappointed. Has anyone taken on the challenges? Cricket cricket. Hmmmm. Reminder: complement all your friends on FB! Start a trend of smiles or appropriate clothing! Its not hard you can do it! Ask yourself before bed,' Did I help anyone today? Or made someone happy?'
              Anyway so today I went on a hike up on Mt. Hood. We went to Meadows ski resort that my family skis on in the winter. But you can guess there was no snow! There was so many grasshoppers that every time you took a step it seemed like hundreds would fly up into the air. My sister and I started singing the song from the movie Enchanted that the princess sings when she calls to the animals. It was awesome. I was taking pictures of my mom in a meadow and some other things. And I realize how many things were taking advantage of. You may think 'well yah I look at and enjoy flowers and stuff' but be honest are you really taking it in? Just looking up at the mountain made me realize not only do we walk right past some of the most amazing things on earth but we use them and don't even realize. Like something simple as a beach. We create sand castles and enjoy looking at it, but what about just how tiny the sand grains are. More clearly, wasn't it always more fun to make the sand castle then to look at it? God made every single grain of sand, piece of grass and leaves just for you and me. Now that is love.
           I looked down at the rock road I was hiking on. Every rock I saw, was just  for you and me to walk on. To use to make things easier for us. And that's what god does! He died for us! He created this world for us! He made the sun to brighten us! And he made the moon, now the moon I might look at a little bit differently than most people would. I don't see the moon  as a rock floating around the earth. (Now don't get me wring I used too) But I see a symbol. Why do you think he created the moon if it only comes when we close our eyes and sleep, and then in the morning the sun replaces it? I think it's to symbolize that  he is always there and watching over us no matter what time or day of the week. There is ALWAYS a light even in the darkness of night. Always a light to guide you.
               I challenge you to post something on FB, whether a picture or just a note, about how god has blessed you with the beauty of nature. Anything from I'm so blessed to be looking out the window and seeing a beautiful blue sky, to, I'm so glad for the blessing of the sun bringing light to me. Just whatever you feel.
              I also wanted to bring to your attention again, YOU are HERE. Right NOW. This is your chance, your ONE CHANCE to be your best. To make it back to Heavenly Father again. I want you ALL to return to him, but I can't force it on my own. Although sometimes it'd be nice. I know that you may think well I went to church I'm good' but that's the difference between Mormons and other religions. YOU ARE BETTER THAN THAT!! Coming to Christ and wanting to live with him again is NOT a once of week kind of thing! You may be thinking 'I'm safe It's twice a week I have Youth group.' NO NO NO! Please believe me, ITS  A WAY OF LIFE, THE WAY YOU DRESS REPRESENTS GOD. THE WAY YOU ACT REPRESENTS GOD. People are looking to each other to know what's cool and what's not, Please make believing in god your top priority and let yourself be the one that others look up too.  God created this lovely place just for YOU. The least us humans could do, is show him thanks.
                                                                         -K

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your wise words and thoughts Krissy! You're an amazing young woman!!

    ReplyDelete