Tuesday, September 2, 2014

~TeSTiMonY TuEsdAY!!~


 Hello! Happy Testimony Tuesday!!
      Awhile back my friend told me an awesome quote that I just can't stop thinking about. I thought, maybe there is a reason why I can't get it out of my head. I need to share it!! Here it goes,
    "Why would you wish upon a star, when you can pray to the God who made it?"
           Think about that for a second.
      What do you think that's trying to say? I don't know what your thinking right now, but God does :) Anyway, I think, not only did God create stars, he created the amazing power of prayer. Prayer is something so special to me. Every night I wouldn't be able to sleep if it weren't for prayer. Prayer is a way to connect with Heavenly Father and ask for answers, and ask for forgiveness, and for happiness, peace, health, whatever your heart so desires. But prayer is not going to make you rich or famous, that's the beauty of it. To receive the blessings your asking for, you must seek for it.
                       Say, you couldn't find your keys and you needed to hurry or you'd be late to your first day of work at a new job you could get an awesome career out of. You were panicking and stressing because you really wanted to keep this job for a long time and it was really hard to get. You thought for a minute and decided it'd be wise to pray. You prayed and explained the whole problem to Heavenly Father. Once you finish you can't expect that when you open your eyes your keys will be right there, but god works in amazing ways, you may get a feeling that you should look In your purse one more time. So you do and the keys are right there. The point is, prayer is not a one sided thing where god does all the work. It's a two way job. Like studying for an A on a test. If you want the A you pray for it, then God might increase your understanding of what you reading so that when you study and read it you will remember it, then you didn't study, you most likely wouldn't get that A.
              For those who aren't so sure about what I'm trying to say, here's one last example, If you get to work on time, but you don't  do your job your just on FB all day, you would get fired or no paycheck. That's how Heavenly Father is.
              I personally LOVE the power of prayer without it I don't think I'd be writing this blog today or have very much of a testimony at all. Some may wonder why, or what testimony Tuesday is all about. Well Testimony Tuesday is when we (Mormons) like to share our testimony with others. A testimony is a phrase or statement or story that you strongly believe and know to be true. Like how I know that Heavenly Father hears my prayers. I know that so strongly that NO ONE on this earth could say something that would make me change my mind. That's a testimony I have. Another thing about testimonies is, that's not the only thing I believe in just cause I said that was my testimony. You see, you can testify that you know The Book of Mormon to be true, (which I also believe). It's not like you can only have one testimony. But by sharing what you believe to others, your belief strengthens. Like if you tell someone to try your favorite ice cream because it's so sweet and creamy, you tend to believe that wow, this is really sweet and creamy. Testimonies are sweet, not really creamy though :) I love it when others share there testimony and  I get to hear it. I have a dear friend that goes to my church and is in my class. She is shy when it comes to sharing her testimony, but I know it's there. She knows it as well, I just hope that someday I will be able to hear it.....Syd... Cough! Anyways I hope you got something from this that helps you realize the next time your about to wish upon a star, you can ALWAYS pray to the God who created it. And for us Mormons, Let us continue To stand up for what we believe and share it :)
                                                                                                  -K

No comments:

Post a Comment